NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The SOREL + TIFF VIP Red Carpet Experience (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are (a) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Canada, and (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state/province of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Sponsor, their affiliate companies, or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of any such employee, representative or agent are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by SOREL Corporation, 14375 NW Science Park Dr. Portland, OR 97229 USA (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on June 4, 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on June 22, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Your participation is subject to the Facebook and Instagram Terms of Service.
- ENTRY: To enter, there are three possible ways of entry;
- Instagram; swipe up in Instagram stories to enter via an email entry form on www.sorel.com
- Facebook; click through to enter via an email entry form on www.sorel.com
- Ecommerce; click through to enter via an email entry form on www.sorel.com
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. If you enter or attempt entry more than the stated number of times or by any means except as permitted in these Official Rules, all of your entries will be voided, and you will be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void.
- DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: At 14375 NW Science Park Dr. Portland, OR 97229 USA at 12:00 p.m. PST three days (3) after the conclusion the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners by email within ten (10) days. If a potential winner cannot be reasonably contacted, verified, or confirmed after two (2) attempts (and further attempts at Sponsor’s sole discretion), a prize is declined, or a potential winner is not eligible for award of a prize for whatever reason, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected by Sponsor from all remaining eligible entries, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Only four (4) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. You are not a winner of any prize unless and until your eligibility has been verified and you have been notified that verification is complete. Except where prohibited or not applicable, potential winners may be required to timely complete and return an affidavit of eligibility (including a declaration of compliance with these Official Rules), a Form W-9 (for tax reporting purposes), a comprehensive liability waiver and publicity release, and/or other documents requested by Sponsor. In order to win a prize, a potential winner who is a legal resident of Canada must also correctly answer (unaided) a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents, or correctly answer the skill-testing question within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries. Acceptance of any prize will constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, city, state/province, likeness, opinion, and voice for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where and to the extent prohibited by law.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available to be won, each consisting of a VIP Red Carpet Experience for the winner and a guest to Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival (“Destination”). The trip includes (a) economy/coach class, round-trip air travel for one (1) winner and one (1) adult guest to Destination from the major international gateway airport within the U.S. or Canada nearest to the winner’s residence (“Departure Point”); (b) two (2) nights double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations; (c) an economy-class rental car or equivalent transportation between the Toronto airport, hotel, and events location; (d) red carpet seating, possible celebrity interaction and VIP access to Premier Movie Screening at Toronto International Film Festival (“Event”); (e) lunch before the Premier Movie Screening and dinner in the evening of the screening; (f) $500 CAD shopping spree at SOREL retail location in Toronto; and (g) a pair of FALL SOREL boots up to $320 CAD. Approximate retail value per winner and guest: $4,000 CAD (based on sample Vancouver departure). Winner and guest must travel together and redeem prize during the date range determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel times acceptable to winner and guest. Due to limits in availability, travel must be booked by Sponsor in coordination with winner according to Sponsor’s instructions BEFORE August 15, 2018, for travel between September 6, 2018, and September 16, 2018; travel dates are subject to availability and blackout dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the airline(s) as detailed in the passenger ticket contract, and the standard terms and conditions of other common carriers and accommodation and service providers. Winner and guest must have no restrictions on their ability to travel or to fully participate in the prize or the prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part and may, at the Sponsor’s discretion, be awarded to an alternate entrant. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation and permissions. Sponsor will not be responsible if winner/guest are denied entry onto aircraft, into the Destination, or return entry into Departure Point. In such a situation, the winner/guest will be responsible for any and all additional costs incurred. In the event that a winner resides within a 350-kilometer radius of Destination, ground transportation (including without limitation train transportation) may be awarded and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in cost (if applicable). Winner/guest must obey all hotel, care rental and Event rules and requirements, including presenting a valid drivers’ license and a major credit card. Failure to follow such rules and requirements may result in, without limitation, ejection from the Event, non-admission to hotel and forfeiture of all or part of the prize. Other travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, passes, travel vouchers, or certificates. Any and all activities related to the prize, including without limitation, flying and operating a motor vehicle are at the winner’s and guest’s own risk, including the risk of death, and subject to restrictions imposed by applicable service providers and governing and regulatory agencies. Guest may be required to sign and return a release of liability with respect to his or her participation in the prize. If a winner declines or fails to accept a portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited. Actual prize value may vary based on price fluctuations, departure city, and other factors. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value of prize. Prize includes delivery to one (1) address in Canada or the U.S.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Subject only to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (“Régie”) with respect to legal residents of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner in a random drawing of the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or Sponsor’s identification of the impairment. Subject only to the Régie with respect to legal residents of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes is subject to verification and auditing for compliance with the Official Rules, and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning verification and auditing. All references to an entrant’s status as a “winner” are subject to Sponsor verification and auditing. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from the Sweepstakes at any time.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMERS/RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to, (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, misdirected, mutilated, or undeliverable entries, all of which will be void; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, as a result of your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize, including without limitation any Sweepstakes or prize-related travel. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook or Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. You may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sponsor and its parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and retailers, and all of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, representatives, shareholders, employees, contractors, officers, directors, and agents, as well as all social media sites (collectively, the “Released Parties”) expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise), including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, to the full extent permissible by law. Under no circumstances will the Released Parties be held responsible or liable for your use of the information and/or products provided and/or made available through the Sweepstakes or for errors or anomalies resulting in the unintended or erroneous participation, award of prize, or other benefits under these official rules. Released Parties offer no assurances, guarantees, or warranties that the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted or error-free and do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Sweepstakes. Released Parties will not be liable or responsible for damages of any kind related to your participation in or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether the damages are direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you in whole or in part.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Multnomah County, Oregon; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of any other entrant or Sponsor in connection with the any portion of the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Oregon or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Oregon. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that Oregon will be the exclusive forum for any formal dispute resolution.
- LEGAL RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC ONLY. Any dispute regarding the organization of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- WINNERS LIST: You may obtain the Sweepstakes results by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor with a printed request for “Winners List.” Records may not be available beyond two (2) years. Legal residents of Canada can omit the return postage.